Fabyan Guard Station, White Mountains – Built in 1923 by Clifford L. Graham, the Fabyan Guard Station is a 16 by 20 foot one room log cabin located along old Cherry Mountain Road (the old Jefferson Turnpike) in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Graham would eventually become Supervisor of the White Mountain National Forest.
Built of spruce logs from the surrounding area, the Fabyan Guard Station was the first administrative building built by Forest Service on White Mountain National Forest land. And today, it is the last remaining guard station in the White Mountain National Forest. According to Forest Service, in 1923, it cost $75.00 to build this cabin.