Mt Willard Section House, Crawford Notch – Above is the historic Mt Willard Section House and the Willey Brook Bridge (c. 1900) along the old Maine Central Railroad in Crawford Notch, New Hampshire. Completed to Fabyan's in August 1875 by the Portland & Ogdensburg Railroad, the building of this railroad was an amazing accomplishment, but to also build a house on the edge of it makes this an incredible story.
The railroad would eventuality be leased to the Maine Central Railroad. And the Mt Willard Section House was built in 1887 to house section foreman James E. Mitchell, his family, and crew who maintained Section 139 of the railroad. James and his family lived a short distance up the tracks before moving into the Mt Willard Section House.